Thanks to Scott Cate and his desire to maintain a cool e-ego I've been tagged and now am forced to maintain my own e-ego by disclosing five little-known facts about myself. So here goes....
1. Skating. Like Scott, I too grew up roller skating when I was a yute. I loved it. I had two-tone Zinger wheels, the low-top black with white stripes, and all that. I think it may have been the perfect solution for a single mom who parented an extremely hyperactive young man.
2. I am absolutely positively terrified of spiders. A girlfriend in high school learned this and once trapped a spider in a little plastic jar. She told me she had a surprise for me, and when I went to her house she sat me down - on a (open) window ledge 2 floors from the ground - and stuck it into my face. I damn near fell out and broke my neck I was so shocked.
3. My goal in life is to be a rock star. Seriously. Not in the red-leather-and-big-hair way or anything, but I love to play music and have always felt very comfortable doing so. Like a fish in water, I usually feel most at home when I'm making music. I would love to do this for a living one day.
4. Speaking of fish and water, I love swimming, diving, cliff diving, and anything else that involves my body being in the water. Ocean, lake, stream, pool, tub, it really doesn't matter.
5. I had an email read on CNN. Remember when Pat Robertson said something about how we needed to assassinate Chavez? I was working at home that day and when CNN asked for people to send in emails, I did so. The email was pretty straight-up, but they read it anyway. That was a few seconds ripped out of my 15 minutes. Hopefully the other 14.3 minutes will be used one day by me playing guitar in front of a lot of people. Who knows? And with that, I will tag my current boss, Harvey .